Gluten is a family of proteins found in grains like wheat, rye, spelt and barley. Of the Gluten – containing grains, wheat is by far the most commonly consumed.The two main proteins in it are glutenin and gliadin. Gliadin is responsible for most of the negative health effects .Most people tolerate this enemy just fine.However, it can cause problems for people with certain health conditions.This includes celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, wheat allergy and some other diseases .
Reasons Why Gluten Is Bad for Some People
- Celiac Disease Is on The Rise and Most People Remain Undiagnosed
- Sensitivity Is Much More Common and Can Also Have Serious Consequences
- May Cause Adverse Effects, Even in People Who Have Less Sensitivity Against it
- Wheat Gluten May Be Addictive
- Associated With Autoimmune Diseases
- Wheat allergy
Gluten – free diets benefits
Besides celiac disease, there are other medical conditions that greatly benefit from a gluten-free diet.
Eating this diet can also help those with a chronic gastrointestinal disorder called irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). A low FODMAP diet — which stands for Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides and Polyols is often helpful for people with IBS. Gluten-free is part of this diet.
Food to Avoid :
Wheat is one of the main staples of a Western diet and is public enemy No one for those with a Gluten intolerance.
- Flavored Potato Chips
- Chewing Gum
- Restaurant Omelets
- Baking Powders
- Meatballs and Meatloaf
- Some Blended and Flavored Coffees
- Pasta (Even Some “Gluten-Free pasta”)
- Canned Soups
- Some Foods With Added Caramel Color
- Chocolate bars
Food Without Gluten
- Fish and seafood
- Dairy products
- Fats, such as oils and butter
- Cold cuts / sandwich meat as long as they are not breaded or glazed but check label
- Mince meat