When you smile with a big, healthy smile, it makes other people smile back at you. You can maintain a healthy smile by practicing good oral hygiene , A person’s teeth are not just there to look attractive in pictures. Teeth play a role in overall nutrition and general health. Teeth allow you to follow a healthy diet and stay well nourished by preparing the food you eat for swallowing and digestion.
How to Keep Your Teeth Healthy and Strong ?
1. Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Don’t smoke Smoking will stain your teeth yellow, give you bad breath, and make you more likely to get gum disease and mouth cancers.
- Eating a Healthy Diet for Healthy Teeth.
- Avoid drinks that stain your teeth The following food are very common causes of yellow, unhealthy looking teeth:
- Cut down your alcohol consumption Alcohol wears away the protective enamel coating on your teeth.
- Reduce your sugar intake
- Not eating desserts like candy, chocolate, cakes, ice cream, pastries
- Not adding sugar to your tea or coffee
- Eating low sugar breakfast cereals
- Avoiding sugary sodas and soft drinks
- Drinking only one glass of fruit juice per day. Even unsweetened fruit
- juice is sugary
- Drink extra water.
2 -Brush your teeth :
Using fluoridated toothpaste helps protect your teeth from bacteria and strengthen the enamel. A soft-bristled toothbrush is ideal to use because it doesn’t wear down the enamel as much as hard-bristled brushes
3. Floss in between brushes
Prevent tooth decay from occurring between your teeth by flossing. Flossing will remove food particles, plaque, and bacteria that might be hiding between your teeth where the bristles of your brush can’t reach them .
4. Don’t cut down on meats
Meat is a primary source of phosphorus and magnesium,If you truly want to follow a vegetarian diet, make sure you take supplements or find alternative sources of phosphorus and magnesium.
5. Rinse your mouth with water every after meals
Water rinses away the excess food stuck in your mouth and neutralises the acidity of the food you ate.
6 .Eat extra crunchy, raw fruits and vegetables
These foods will help scrape your teeth clean as you eat them.
7 .Visiting the Dentist
Visit a dental professional every six months, If your dentist is always on the lookout for tooth decay and periodontal disease, you will be able to resolve these problems early on and prevent the complications associated with these dental problems, should do a dental exam if you have:
- Red, swollen, or painful gums
- Bleeding when you brush and floss
- Gums that are contracting away from your teeth
- Permanent teeth that are loose
- Sensitivity to the temperature of your food
- Bad breath or a strange taste in your mouth that doesn’t go away
- Swelling in your jaw
see also :